Of course even after this sudden 50% off sale, the team would have to lower the cost of "Legends Suite" seats by another 90% or so before I could even daydream about affording one, but never mind. This is, I believe, the first time in my entire life that the Yankees have lowered the cost of anything by so much as a cent. Make a note of April 28!
Other things that happened on April 28th, courtesy of Wikipedia:
- 1788 – Maryland becomes the seventh state to ratify the U.S. Constitution.
- 1796 – The Armistice of Cherasco is signed.
- 1920 – Azerbaijan is added to the Soviet Union.
- 1932 – A vaccine for yellow fever is announced for use on humans.
- 1945 – Benito Mussolini is executed by a firing squad.
- 2001 – Millionaire Dennis Tito becomes the world's first space tourist.
- Births of James Monroe (1758), Kurt Gödel (1906), Saddam Hussein (1937), and Barry Larkin (1965).
I'm off to scope out Citi Field today - upper deck, natch, or as I see we're now calling it, "Promenade Level". Sounds so picturesque when you put it like that!