March 17, 2008

The House That Rich Douchebags Built

Via Sliding Into Home, MLB.com has posted renderings of the New Yankee Stadium. Check out the eye candy:



Well, that sure looks lovely, but... uh, say... where'd the Bronx go?


Yes, the new Stadium appears to be floating magically in the sky. No tenements here, only fluffy white clouds!

I bring this up because the site these photos come from is an add for "Yankees Premium" suites at the new Stadium, and I'm afraid that if you have a soul, it will make you want to throw something breakable at a wall:
"An Exclusive Experience... For Those With Discerning Tastes... Who Seek The Very Best... Life Has To Offer."
... "An Exclusive Experience"? Excuse me? It's a baseball stadium, you assholes! I want a decent view of the game and beer that costs less than $10, how's that for "Discerning"? Gah. Sometimes I think the Yankees must be actively trying to make everybody hate them.

4 comments:

Ray said...

"An Exclusive Experience... For Those With Discerning Tastes... Who Seek The Very Best... Life Has To Offer."

Um, guys? I was kidding about the Emperors Club becoming the lead sponsor of this new stadium.

Wasn't I?

Anonymous said...

oh, man.

Emma said...

Let's just hope that if enough people spring for these Premium Suites, the Yankees will be able to afford to hire a Premium Copywriter.

Anonymous said...

I don't like it.

it's antiseptic.

it has no character.

it looks like those now defunct cookie-cutter stadiums erected the 70s or east-german architecture or that crap they're building on 4th ave in the BK.

Gawd! I never thought I'd say this, but I envy Boston. Yeah, the seats are too tight, but Fenway looks like a park.