April 28, 2007

This game's fun, okay? Fun, godammit!

You know how I said I wasn't going to panic until at least Monday? Well, I meant it. Unless you want to define panic as "a sudden overpowering fright; also : acute extreme anxiety," of course. I was going with the definition "of, relating to, or resembling the mental or emotional state believed induced by the god Pan," which I don't feel applies. Johnny Damon is hurting and probably heading for the DL, Andy Pettitte and Mariano Rivera got lit up, the bullpen is in bloody shreds, Joe Torre's job may be in danger.

So then Jeff Karstens takes a line drive off his knee on the first pitch of the game -- and you have to hand it to fate, because that really perfectly encapsulates the Yankee season thus far, doesn't it? Nicely done. Anyway, here comes Kei Igawa, and there goes my sanity.

No comments: